- 15+ year professional experience in software development/ management with a focus on Internet-based applications and leading edge technologies.
- Started an outsourcing development center from the ground up. Achieved a great work environment and very low turnover rate.
- Reputation for strong analytical and problem solving skills. Acknowledged as creative and insightful with a record of responding quickly with novel plans and solutions.
- Continuous expansion of technical and managerial skills and experience. Keeping a great balance between the managerial high-level perspective and staying up-to-date with new technologies.
Heuristic Technologies [Cairo]
Principal/ Technical Manager [2010 - Present]
- Worked closely with clients, successfully analyzed business needs and designed suitable solutions with high usability.
- Complemented Google Analytics platform by an application that helps marketers better manage online marketing campaigns. Was great opportunity to master Google’s cloud platform, i.e. Google App Engine, and NOSQL.
- Automated data acquisition and reporting process through architecting and designing a highly flexible application, customly developed for merchandising field. The new analytics results and insights are now irreplaceable.
- Successfully managed and delivered development projects, using agile methodologies and tools.
- Provided consultancy to other IT companies, enhanced their development process, adapted main features from agile methodologies, and made it more suitable to SaaS.
- Provided consultancy in Internet Marketing and Web Design.
NetSignature, Inc. [Cairo]
Director of Development/ Chief Technology Officer [2006- 2010]
- Achieved great work environment and very low turnover rate.
- Leveraged the skill set of the technical staff by managing a cross-training program to research advanced topics and exchange knowledge among the team, in addition to the individual skill buildup plan.
- Enhanced performance and security of various complex applications, such as mobile payment solution, by reviewing and refactoring existing designs.
- Achieved company’s competitive edge by continuously experimenting and recommending new technologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Enhanced process and documentation in preparation for CMM certificate.
- Increased productivity and quality of developed software by applying a light weight development process and relevant document templates.
- Designed several internal tools and processes to measure and enhance performance of development.
Solution Lead/ Architect [2004- 2006]
- For our client, Sony Entertainment, led development, as 1 of 4 solution leads/ architects, of a large project, 30 developers and 20 testers, using .net and video editing technologies.
- Led an e-Government project, as 1 of 2 solution leads/ architects, leading 10 developers, and using latest web technologies, such as Portal framework, JSF, J2EE.
- Key member in system design and architecture. Investigated and selected new technologies, third party frameworks and design patterns.
- Key member in planning and estimating complexity and effort for various project tasks.
- Managed developers, successfully prioritized, scheduled, and assigned various tasks resulting in timely implementation.
- Gained great experience in J2EE architecture and design patterns, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Studio, DB2, portal framework, JSF, Hibernate, Spring Framework, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, RAD, RDM.
Microsoft [Redmond, Washington]
Software Engineer [2002- 2003]
- Member of International Office team, testing Office 2003 in Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, and Hindi in addition to patches for earlier versions.
- Created test cases and test plans, and manually tested Office 2003, especially Excel and SharePoint. Used RAID and Product Studio to follow up bugs till they’re closed.
- Automated test cases by creating test scripts using Test Wizard and Script Driver.
Barnes & Noble.com/ fatbrain.com [Santa Clara, California]
Senior Software Engineer [1998- 2002]
- Increased sales by $8 million annually, by leading a project to develop a portal system that streamlined receiving orders from a learning web site into fatbrain’s order-placing system.
- Managed four developers, successfully prioritized, scheduled, and assigned various projects resulting in timely implementation and increased productivity.
- Increased productivity by developing coding standards that were adapted company-wide.
- Gained experience in Design Patterns, UML, and using CASE tools designing and modeling IX project.
- Re-modeled fatbrain’s database, to achieve scalability and as part of transition efforts, after Barnes & Noble.com acquired fatbrain.com, to make both web sites run off the same catalog.
- Increased productivity by modularizing several functional areas and turning them into reusable APIs for the whole web site, such as standard dynamic headers and footers.
- Utilized ASP/MS SQL to build several web-based tools such as: an internal tool for sales employees, to add and manage customers’ discounts; a web-based wizard to build and manage Approval System as part of FindITNowTM solution for partners.
SAQQARA Systems, Inc. / STANDARDATA [Sunnyvale, California]
Software Developer [1997- 1998]
- Designed and developed several applications, such as proprietary log analysis application for an online catalog, using C, memory management, manipulation of various data structures, and text parsing,
Internet Egypt [Cairo]
- Developed Home Pages for clients and provided customer support.
- Lectured and trained Internet courses.
Military Service [Cairo / Alexandria / Ismailia / Fayed]
Reserve Officer, Field Engineer [1993– 1995]
Computer Related tasks:
- Gained Experience in database programming to complement Raytheon Inventory systems with needed reports and internal tools.
Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform, SE 5.0 
Workshop in Professional Communication Skills 
Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering 
Electronics and Communications Department
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Senior Project: Office Automation Software built by Turbo C ver. 2.0
Excellent command of English and German. Arabic is mother tongue.